The Monthly Five: December’s Picks

Lauren Paquet, Staff Writer

This month I’ve decided to make a playlist of songs that I’m currently obsessing over that kind of don’t follow a certain theme. This month I’ve been into R&B songs, and also having been loving G-Eazy’s new rap album “When It’s Dark Out” (besides Christmas music and JB, but that goes without saying). But I’m also really into cute pop songs, so I’m kind of all over the place. With that being the case, I’m naming this month’s picks my New Year’s Party Playlist because these songs are perfect for celebrating, dancing, and ringing in the new year.

Here are my top five this month:

1. “No Sense” by Justin Bieber ft. Travis Scott – This is probably one of my favorites from JB’s new album. It has more of a relaxed vibe compared to his other more electronic/pop work, but it still has a beat that’s perfect for a party. You might as well just play his entire album if you’re throwing a New Year’s Party because I promise you everyone will love it (and if they don’t, throw them out. You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life).
  2. “Something About You” by Majid Jordan – This artist is completely new to me, but when I first heard this song on the radio I had to check out his other music (it rocks by the way). Jordan’s soulful voice and love-inspired lyrics will get everyone on their feet.
  3. “Cake by the Ocean” by DNCE – This song is super fun and has a catchy beat everyone will love. I don’t trust you if you can’t smile/dance to this. It’s impossible to not love it in my opinion. It’s very different from the other songs on this playlist, and I think it will be a mood booster for sure at any party.
  4. “Don’t” by Bryson Tiller – Mark my words–Bryson Tiller is going to be an artist to watch this year. His R&B, sort of romantic style, makes this a perfect part of your party playlist. His album TRAPSOUL is so underrated, and I’m so glad this song has brought him a lot of success.
  5. “Think About You” by G-Eazy – First of all, every song on G-Eazy’s new album is fire, so if you haven’t checked it out yet you haven’t lived. This song in particular is one of my favorites if not my most favorite. It’s rap but also mixes with R&B. G-Eazy is another artist to watch this year in my opinion; he just keeps getting better.

SO, there are my top five this month! I hope this makes a great party playlist for you guys and that you have a very happy new year!