Filed under What's Your Story?

A life dedicated to selfless compassion

Cheyenne Webber plans to spend the rest of her life as a veterinarian helping her favorite animals

Webber's love for animals only provides more of a reason for her pursue a career as a veterinarian.

You might find her carrying out one of her favorite activities, such as reading, playing video games or biking. But among these passions sits one that she intends on pursuing as her career in the future.

Freshman Cheyenne Webber aspires to use her love for animals, particularly horses, and transform it into her life’s career.

Webber first rode a horse when she was four years old and her love for the animal has stuck with her ever since.

“Horses are kind and gentle and don’t try to harm people,” said Webber, smiling. “The only time they bring harm to humans is when they are harmed themselves.”

So, when these horses, or any other animals are harmed, Webber’s future plans are to protect them.

“I love horses and I’d love to take care of them, which is why I’d like to become a vet,” Webber said.

Webber explains that because more animals are being domesticated into pets, many more are being abused. With this becoming a greater issue, she seeks to dedicate her compassion to the well being of those animals in danger.

“Being a veterinarian would be the best thing in the world for me,” said Webber. “I feel like I could help protect them.”

Though she wants to protect domesticated animals, she also has a passion for wildlife and wants to make a difference in the natural environment.

“I can help those wild animals that are injured,” said Webber. “And maybe help save some species.”

To achieve her ambitious, rewarding goal, she plans to “focus more on what’s ahead rather than what I am actually doing now,” because to her, Webber says turning a passion into a career will not only grant her success, but the most happiness.

“I like to help animals, what can I say.”

1 Comment

One Response to “A life dedicated to selfless compassion”

1. cheyenne webber on May 29th, 2014 8:56 am

i love horses and animals and hope that one day i will become a vet it would be awesome

[Reply]

• A life dedicated to selfless compassion

The importance of representation

Jason Mulvey, a senior of BHS that isn’t afraid to follow his dreams

Senior Trey Burnham, an active outdoorsman and competitive athlete.

Cheer season ends with an unexpected twist

AP tests: worth it or not?

After the election

Debate to States

The march that’s making history

Arts and Entertainment

Hamilton is not throwing away its shot

Teens with anxiety break their silence

A life dedicated to selfless compassion