Student Spotlight: Brooke Connolly

Connolly finds her new school welcoming

October 21, 2014

Blythe Brooke's sister, Brooke's mom, and Brooke visiting New York City

Brooke Connolly is a junior and new to Biddeford High School.  Coming to a new school has been tough she says, but for only being here a month she “loves her classes and the town.” When not in school, she enjoys reading while sitting in the sun, going to bonfires with friends, and listening to a variety of music.

“I love stuff ranging from the Red Hot Chili Peppers to Tupac,” Connolly said.

Question and Answer with Brooke Connolly

Q:Who is your role model and why?”

A: “My role model is my mom. She had a really bad childhood and her mom didn’t pay any attention to her, so she decided that when she became a mom, she would give everything she had to her kids.”

Q: If you could eliminate one weakness/limitation that you have what would it be and why?”

A: “I would delete my sense of trust in people. I always trust people who end up hurting me, and I never trust the people who just want to help.”

Q: What is the best news you have received?”

A: “The best news I received was the news that my sister was going to survive after she got hit by a car.” 

Q: Where do you see yourself ten years from now? ”

A: “I can see myself living in the mountains away from society with my best friend and like 20 different pets.”

Q: What/who inspires you?”

A: “My older sister Blythe inspires me to be whatever I want, and go on as many adventures as I can before I’m too old.” 

Q: What are you most afraid of in life/biggest fears?”

A: “I’m most afraid of ending up alone. Like, If I end up losing all of my friends and never fall in love.”

Q: If you could change one thing if anything about yourself what would that be?”

A: “If I could change anything about myself it would be how I do everything in the moment. Sometimes it’s good, but sometimes I just don’t think about the consequences I guess.”

Q: Are you a leader or a follower and why/how?”

A: “I am a leader because I don’t follow what anyone else is doing, I just kind of do my own thing and help people do their thing.”

Q: What is something you are most proud of and why?”

A: “I am most proud of myself for moving to Maine because it was a hard choice and it’s been a huge challenge but I’m pushing through it and mostly staying positive.”

Q: Do you have any phobias?”

A: “I am absolutely terrified of underwater trees, or anything that’s underwater that’s not supposed to be underwater. Like a car or a bike, I would cry if I saw one!”

Q: Who is your best friend and how did you meet?”

A: “My best friend’s name is Elisha, and we met in 7th grade. She was new to the school, and I was new as well; I showed her around and we became really close, and are still really close.”

Q: What is one positive/inspiring thing someone has said to you that you will never forget?”

A: “Someone once told me that I was one of a kind, and that I should never settle for anything I don’t think I deserve.”