Prioritizing Priorities

End of the Year Attendance

Prioritizing+Priorities

Hayley Lefebvre, Staff Writer

It’s finally getting to be that time of year where coming to school seems to be almost impossible for everyone. The weather is getting nicer, the countdowns till the end of the year are starting, and one wants to be stuck in class all day. Even though you may be watching movies, or having study halls the six hours you are here, it’s essential that you still come to school especially in the last few weeks.

One of the most important end of the year events for seniors is graduation. If you don’t show up to school for multiple day, especially at the end of the year, this can negatively affect your chances of graduating. Imagine having to spend another year of your life in high school all because of your missed attendance in those last few weeks. Another thing, if you don’t come to school you can potentially miss the handing out of caps and gowns which can be a big problem when it comes to graduating.

Besides attending so you’re able to graduate, another reason why attendance is so important is so you don’t fall behind in classes. With teachers putting in assignment grades, projects, and eventually final grades, you need to be at school to make sure you are meeting your final deadlines.The end of the year is stressful enough, you don’t want to have to worry about making up three papers and a lab you missed because you decided the beach was a better choice than going to class in the last weeks of school.

The thing is, coming to school in the end shouldn’t be that hard. Think of all the end of the year activities that you are going to miss. Usually the best time of the year is the end and everyone including teachers begin to relax and take into consideration how long and hard students have worked the entire year. The end of the year is also a time where getting close with your classmates tends to happen because you won’t be seeing them every day like usual over the summer. Plus, for those graduating it may be the last time you really talk to them before everyone goes their separate ways. The end of the year wouldn’t be very fun if you couldn’t have those last experiences before the next year and summer.

As my final year of highschool comes to an end it’s essential that I am at school as much as possible. The funny thing is, I want to be. As a senior I want to have last year experiences with my class and see people as much as possible before leaving for college. I figure that these are really the last things I will be doing with my classmates ever, and why would I want to miss that after going to school with them year after year? I want to be able to graduate, I don’t want to fall behind, and I want to spend time with my class before it’s over. I can’t believe in less than two weeks I will be done with highschool forever. Don’t miss out on end of the year opportunities because soon enough you will be in my shoes, if not already,  and it’s truly bitter-sweet.