The Monthly Five: November’s Picks

Lauren Paquet, Staff Writer

Hello everyone! I’m glad my excitement didn’t scare you away! This month, I basically died and went to heaven because Adele and Justin Bieber dropped albums, and Justin and Selena might be getting back together (so basically history is in the making but I’m really fine).

Now that I’m done having a breakdown, here are my top five picks of the month:

“Roses” by The Chainsmokers ft. ROZES

This song came out of nowhere from the Chainsmokers, and before I knew it I heard it playing everywhere. It’s electronic style and the beautiful voice of ROZES makes it difficult for me not to love. This is another song that I could listen to all day and never get tired of it. The part that really bumps in this song is when the beat drops–you have to at least head bang to this (or try to dance full out while driving like me, which I do not recommend).

“Be Right There” by Diplo & Sleepy Tom

I had never heard of Diplo before this song came out, but I’m very glad it did because I have a new obsession. The electronic beat builds throughout the song, making you never want to stop listening. I hear this song constantly at dance and I couldn’t be more happy about it.

“Love Yourself” by Justin Bieber

Okay. I’m about to get crazy excited right now, so bear with me. Justin is KILLING it right now. I’m not sure where it came from, but every single song on his new album Purpose is fire. His entire style has evolved into electronic pop-sounding perfection. This song, in particular, is one of my favorites. The fact that it has a really good beat and a really good message and Justin’s voice sounds like a god’s makes this song one of a kind. I’m sure you’ll be hearing it everywhere soon enough. I’m proud to say I have a renewed case of the Bieber fever.

“Surrender” by Natalie Taylor

I first heard this song when I did a dance to it earlier this fall, and it immediately struck a nerve with me. It’s more like an alternative song, one you would never hear on the radio. The simple beat combined with Taylor’s angelic high-pitched voice and, of course, talking about love, makes for an absolutely beautiful combination. I could listen to it all day and never get sick of it.

“All I Ask” by Adele

I forgot how much I loved Adele during her four year hiatus, but I’m so glad she’s back and better than ever. This track from her new album 25 is absolutely beautiful and nothing less than perfection from Adele. Her voice sounds as passionate as ever singing this song, and her recent pop/soul vibe fits her really well in this album. I already can’t wait for more music from her (I’m hoping it takes less than four years this time).

So there’s my top five this month! I hope you guys enjoy these songs, and I hope you come back next month for a new surprise!