Fresh Face: “Daddy-O” Lush Shampoo

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fresh Face: “Daddy-O” Lush Shampoo

I finally found a product I hate more than the joke that has become Donald Trump. I love when I find something I hate. It’s a new thing to talk about, to tell people not to buy it, to ruin the name brand. In this case, I generally like the brand. However, this product is worse than the time I was in fifth grade and bought South Pole clothing because I thought it made me look like “one of the bros”. This product is “Daddy-O” shampoo by Lush.

Normally, I like Lush products. When I was in middle school I collected all of my Christmas money and spent over 200 dollars on Lush products. My skin didn’t experience any changes; probably because I just bought products that looked cool and not products that would actually help my skin.

This shampoo is something that I’ve never experienced before, and to be honest, I wish I hadn’t. The consistency is horrible. It feels like a thin liquid is being poured onto my hands. It doesn’t feel like it’s getting into every crevice of my hair. Which, when I’m looking for a shampoo, getting into every part of my hair-I don’t have that much of it-is an important factor. This shampoo slides off my hands like the amount of oil I had on my skin in middle school.

The smell is overwhelming. I can’t stand the smell of it. it has clogged up my room. I keep all of my bath products in my room because I don’t want anyone stealing my products. They’re for my use only. I don’t care if I don’t pay for them (thanks mom). But with this product, all I can smell is this shampoo. I would compare the smell to that of a lemon; it’s very pungent. At first, I was living for the scent. But now, it’s gotten old and I’m over it.

The only good thing I would have to say  about this product is the amount of time it takes to get rid of it. The product is 3.3 fluid ounces and I’m still almost scraping the top. I’ve been using it for about a month and it’s still smelling up my room (it’s not a bad smell, just very strong).

The product itself cost around nine dollars. When I first bought it, I was very excited because because I thought I had finally found a Lush shampoo that worked for me. I have blonde hair and this shampoo is purple (which is why I bought it in the first place). For those who don’t know, a tip that I learned when I was probably the age of a toddler, purple shampoo can counteract the brassiness that can sometimes come with having blonde hair. So, if your hair gets brassy or starts to get a yellow tint, try a purple shampoo-just not this one. With all that said, I typically do enjoy Lush products. For instance, their Ocean Salt face and body scrub is fabulous. I also like their face masks. But Daddy-O is definitely a Daddy-No.