Waterhouse field renovation

Being one of the most symbolic places in Biddeford, Waterhouse Field is now competing in a contest to win money for renovation.

Along with other causes and projects in America, Waterhouse Field is among the list of nominees for ‘The Ultimate Neighborhood Give Back Challenge’: a contest that grants its winner $50,000. If the money is won, Waterhouse Field will be renovated by a celebrity carpenter, Ty Pennington.

Built in 1929, Waterhouse Field has seen many sporting events through its years. Through rain and shine, through victory and defeat, Waterhouse Field stood witnessing these events. But now, age is evident with the field. Compared to fields from other schools, the field does look worn out. However, what the other school’s new fields lack is the monumental history that Waterhouse Field possesses. And so, what better way is there to preserve this history, and still provide comfort for those who want to watch the football games under lights and the chill of fall season, or watch a lacrosse game with the brisk winds for spring season? Renovation, of course!

Nominating Waterhouse Field for ‘The Ultimate Neighborhood Give Back Challenge’ was a wise choice. Looking at the benefits, everyone wins. The community getting closer as they vote for the field is also a bonus, especially with Biddeford High School’s agenda on bringing the community closer. It just serves a point as to what Waterhouse Field has been doing all these years; bringing all of Biddeford’s citizens together.