Large and loud concerts and festivals

Students talk about their favorite concert experiences

Autumn Brophy, Staff Writer

Though some students hear spring and summer and think of the beach, others have plans to stand for hours in the sun, listening to live bands play music for everyone to hear.

There are many different bands and festivals that come to the area during the spring and summer, all with their own style and genre. One summer festival called Warped Tour is something many people go to. It is a summer concert where people of all ages can go to and see many different bands. Student Teacher Megan Kidder used to go to Warped Tour a lot when she was younger.

“When Warped Tour tickets came out, I had them because it’s just this big all day thing, so you can’t miss it because there’s just so many bands,” Kidder said.

Kidder hasn’t just gone to Warped Tour though, she’s gone to many other concerts a well, including groups like Boys Like Girls and Taylor Swift.

“Taylor Swift was actually really fun, because it’s just a big dance party,” Kidder said.

Due to her student teaching and grad school, Kidder cannot go to many concerts as of now. But, there are students like junior Taylor Lambert, who go to as many concerts as she possibly can, even missing school days to do so.

“I was supposed to do summer school last year, and I realized that the first day of summer school was the day I was going to the Say Anything concert in Boston with my girlfriend,” Lambert said.

Though missing school for shows, Lambert has had some interesting experiences while going to these concerts, especially after seeing the band All Time Low.

“We waited in line for four hours, and then the show was six or seven hours,” said Lambert. “I was so dehydrated, and we drank four bottles of water in the back of the car when we finally got there.”

Punk and Alternative concerts aren’t the only live shows that are interesting to see. Senior Rebecca Johnson is an example of this, as she has been to a lot of Christian concerts, and 1975, One Direction, Five Seconds of Summer, and she is going to Fall Out Boy this summer.

“The One Direction and Five Seconds of Summer concert [was my favorite],” said Johnson. “I love them so much and it was just a really big concert.

Johnson saw the One Direction and Five Seconds of Summer concert with her two best friends, Alisha and Hayley, and really wants to go to the new Five Seconds of Summer concert.

“They’re not going on Tour or anything like that, but I want to go,” Johnson said.

She has also seen Demi Lovato live as well, and says that she’s like the best role model in the entire world.

“It was fabulous,” said Johnson. “She was the best thing I’ve ever seen.”