The morning crave

Students and staff share love for morning cravings.

Senior Sophany Srey with her second Dunkin Donuts iced coffee of the day.

Nick Scavuzzo, Staff Writer

Mocha, Caramel, Vanilla, Swirls, extra cream, sugar,cups, “big straws”, hot, iced, chai, strawberry watermelon, blue raspberry. Whatever you decide to drink in the morning is up to you.  A majority of BHS students and staff carry around a sugary, caffeine-filled drink throughout the morning blocks.

There are three Dunkin Donuts (dunkindonuts.com), one Aroma Joes and one Starbucks located in the city of Biddeford, and 830 students in Biddeford High School, we really do enjoy our caffeine.

Roy travels about 10 minutes everyday to get a 24-ounce cup of the energy drink “Rush” mixed with a different flavor each time.

“I get a new flavor of Aroma’s every day because getting the same kind is boring,”  junior Brittany Roy said.

Senior Sophany Srey said she started getting a medium iced coffee, extra caramel swirl, french vanilla, two cream, two liquid sugar, extra ice, and an extra foam cup her freshman year, she has spent over one thousand dollars on this one drink over the years.

“I get headaches without Dunkin,” Srey said.

These craves slowly become addictions.

“I have a hard time to wake up in the morning, and Aroma Joe’s helps. I need it everyday.” junior Natalie Hatch said.

Hatch buys one to two 20- ounce Aroma Joe drinks per day and says she couldn’t survive without them. This effect of desiring something to drink In the early hours has spread past the students and on to teachers.

“I feel off if I haven’t had one (iced coffee),” health teacher Teri Schang said

Schang later added that drinking caffeine so oftenly boots your central nervous system, speeds your heart rate, and gives people more chances for heart issues. There is more than just coffee in the morning, junior Jason Vadnais loves his Coffee Coolatta in the morning.

“I get it about every other day, it tastes great and wakes me up,” Vadnais said.

Sophomore Ben Othmer’s Blue Raspberry Watermelon Aroma Joes gives him a jump start.

“It gives me the kick I need to function during the week,” Othmer stated.

Out of the three types of iced coffee at Dunkin Donuts (regular, caramel, and mocha”) there has been a popular demand for all. Out of the 841 different flavor combinations at Aroma Joes, well, some have never been tried. The coffee craze only continues to grow, at three dollars a time.